Found this dresser on a FB yardsale page. It was in good structural shape, but the outside needed a facelift. Someone had glued wrapping paper to the drawers.
I am sure it was cute at one time, but that time had long passed. First line of business was to rip off loose paper. I soaked the drawers in the tub.
I let them soak for about 10 minutes, in just an inch of water. After they were nice and soft I scraped off the wrapping paper, ( I used my bench scrape from my kitchen)
Once it was scraped off I waited for the drawer to dry and I sanded off any remaining residue. I painted the base of the dresser in Fairy Chalk Mother's Stillwater. No sanding, no priming, just wiped it down. I did use my Zibra brush, its my favorite!
Now for the fun part, gluing on appliques. I used E6000 glue (you can purchase at any craft store) and let them dry for about an hour.
Once the glue dried I painted over the appliques and the drawers in Fairy Chalk Mother's Fresh Cream. I lightly distressed the piece with sand paper and clear waxed, then used Fariy Chalk Mothers dark glazing wax and aged the piece. I used the #10 wax brush. To smooth it all out I finished with a 220 sanding block. Here is the finished project.
So cute! Such a simple dresser, the appliques make all the difference. I used our Rose Wreath, Large french and small rose appliques. All the paint, wax, brushes and appliques can be purchased on my page.
Jami Ray Vintage
Share this post
← Older Post
Newer Post →